Friday, May 13, 2011

Dr. Dr.

Well I survived the lovely carpel tunnel surgery. I got my stitches out the other day and it is looking good. It was not as bad as I anticipated it would be. The pain was just the first few days. I have to wear a brace and try and build the strength in it back up for about 6 weeks. I went back to work a week early, I figured I can use my left hand like I am at home and get paid for it.
I woke up in the operating room while they were bandaging it up. My Dr. said I did great and I said "Thanks Mr. Dr., I do what I can". I remember saying it but I could not figure out why they all starting laughing until later. When the Dr. came and talked to me in recovery, apparently I felt that I was close enough to him at this point to call him by his first name, Paul. I didn't feel the same bond when I went back for my post op visit. I am thinking ..... maybe it had something to do with the drugs... maybe.
I do not understand this one thing and I do not think it is fair. Why is it that you have to have surgery to get really good sleep???

1 comment:

  1. HILARIOUS!!!!! I'm so glad everything went well and you're back to work!! Be sure and tell "Paul" hello for me...hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete