Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Appreciation

I just got home from a trip back to Utah. It was so wonderful seeing all my family and I even ran into an old friend from High School. It is so neat to go home and feel the love from everyone. I was stressed and worried and scarred about the trip. Some of my family and loved ones are sick with terminal illness, some are just ageing. I did not know if I would be able to face it all at once. I knew the trip would be a bitter sweet one. I was not sure how to act, what to say. I was not sure how I would handle it when I saw them all. I decided to just be me, that is all I have to offer.
Sometimes life has a way of dragging you down and you wonder if what you are doing even makes a difference. I go home and see my family and it is so great to know that not only have they touched my life but in some way you have touched theirs. Then when I come back home and the welcome from my children and grandchildren really lets me know that I was missed. Every once in awhile you have to just step back from it all to really apprecitate everything and everyone you have in your life.
You gain strength, courage, confindence and appreciation with every experiance in which you really stop and look fear in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment