Monday, April 11, 2011

Where's Toto?????

I was at work this past Saturday and I was the last one there. I had heard they were calling for severe thunderstorms. It started to rain and really thunder. Then I could hear it getting harder and harder. The lights flickered and I went and got some flash lights. (Apparently I thought I needed more than one so I got 4) There a very few windows at the back of the PO where I was so I could not see what was going on I could only hear it and not very well because of being in the back. The electricity went off for a minute and then back on. I was able to finish up and head out. When I got outside there was no traffic lights working there was a ton of water and all kinds of stuff on the roads. Sirens were going and police were all over the place directing traffic.  Apparently while I was so diligently working a Tornado had touched down just down the street from where I was. WOW who knew, I guess not me. Matt called me a little bit later to see if I was ok. His wife had been in lock down at the Mall where she works and they had just let them out to go home. I did not realize until today when I got to work the damage that was done to some peoples homes and farms and some businesses. It's crazy, I never thought I would say this, but I am glad I was at work and not driving home. All the family are fine.
There I was, by myself not having a clue what was going on in the outside world. See what the Post Office does to you!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm so glad you were totally oblivious to what was going on around you so you weren't scared to death there by yourself. But you totally could've saved yourself with your 4 flashlights...one for each limb?? :)

    ReplyDelete